Snack Brands Australia is passionate about protecting the quality of the environment by reducing waste, encouraging recycling, and by working to improve production line efficiencies to reduce electricity and water consumption.
All of our iconic chips use Australian grown potatoes and corn to limit the carbon footprint created by transporting farm fresh produce to our factories, and encourage all distributors and consumers to recycle product packaging or dispose of it thoughtfully.
Snack Brands Australia is committed to minimising the impact our business has on the environment by:
- Reusing nominally 60% of our water in Production at the Smithfield Manufacturing site
- Recycling more than 80% of our waste into compost and stock feed
- Using recycled materials in distribution packaging material
- Ensuring ongoing management of packaging waste
- Innovating with sustainable product packaging design
- Undertaking energy usage audits and using this information to invest in lower energy consumption options (for example upgrading to LED lighting in office and factory facilities)